“This GMP encapsulation device is our ticket to the clinic” Michael Lanero Fidalgo, Chief Operating Officer at TreeFrog Therapeutics, comes back on the newly delivered GMP-grade C-Stem™ platform (read full Press Release here).
Key features :
– High-throughput cell encapsulation : >1,000 capsules per second (capsules are engineered to provide cells with a biomimetic microenvironment protected from external stress).
– Suited to seed bioreactors from 200mL to 10L for :
#1 Large-scale stem cell expansion (>250x/week iPSC amplification with best-in-class cell quality)
#2 Stem cell differentiation into ready-to-graft 3D microtissues
– Easy capsule dissolution in minutes to release cellular content
– 2023 : transfer to CDMO to manufacture clinical-grade batches of TreeFrog’s cell therapy program in Parkinson’s disease
– 2023: 3 additional GMP encapsulation devices delivered to support TreeFrog’s cell therapy pipeline in regenerative medicine and immune-oncology
– 2024 : IND followed by first-in-human trials in Parkinson’s disease
Congrats to the froggies and our partners in automation, Invetech.