14 Sep Now hiring an Analytical Development Manager
In recent years, dozens of billions of euros have been invested in cell therapy research programs, with the hope of treating currently incurable chronic and degenerative diseases, such as Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and heart failure. Numerous clinical trials are either planned or already ongoing. However, current industrial processes will not meet the future needs for large volumes of therapeutics cells, and reducing production costs while ensuring cell quality remains a significant challenge.
Founded in November 2018 in Bordeaux, Treefrog Therapeutics is a French startup aiming to provide access to cell therapies for millions of patients. The founders invented C-StemTM, a high-throughput cell encapsulation technology allowing the mass-production and differentiation of stem cells in industrial bioreactors. By 2022, Treefrog’s mission is to complete the industrialization of C-StemTM and to launch a first-in-man trial using safe and affordable mass-produced therapeutic cells.
Since its incorporation, Treefrog Therapeutics has been experiencing strong acceleration. The company raised over 10 million euros in 2019, and entered the FrenchTech120 in January 2020. The team – currently 30 people – moved into a brand new 1000 m2 production facility in Pessac in April 2020.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Analytical Development Manager will be joining our Analytical Development group during its construction phase. In close cooperation with the R&D & Operations teams, she or he will be involved in the definition and set up of the dedicated lab in all its dimensions: team sizing, required equipment identification, analytical development & cell therapy product characterization methods.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about understanding cell biology mechanisms through analytical methods, with a real interest in statistical data analysis on the one hand and customer satisfaction on the other.If you’re this person, welcome aboard !
Main tasks description
The Analytical Development Manager’s main tasks will be :
Analytical lab set up
- Project management, from the lab definition through its set up phase
- Defining analytical methods in the field of cell therapies based on 3D iPSC culture, compliant with regulatory requirements and scientific community up-do-date practices
- Determination of necessary equipment
- Dedicated team definition, planning, and building
Lab management & continuous improvement
As the head of the Analytical team, you will be responsible for :
- Team management
- Performance analysis & supervision (control tests and validation)
- Analytical results reporting and sharing with Research & Operations teams
- Overall system & experiment/data traceability
- Equipement maintenance and SOP structuration
- Continued technological supervision on the field
MINIMUM PROFIL REQUIREMENTS
PhD or Master degree in Life Science or Engineering in the field of Cell Biology, Genetics, or a related field.
Knowledge, experience and know-how
Mandatory skills :
- Expertise with analytical principles and methods applied to cell therapy (such as FACS, NGS, RNAseq, qPCR, ELISA, HPLC …).
- Team management experience
- ATMPs IT tools and regulatory environment knowledge
Would also be considered as strong assets:
- Knowledge of microscopy / 3D cellular structure and image analysis
- Experience with iPSC culture
Language requirement: proficient in English (oral & writing)
Treefrog is a new biotechnology startup with strong values (#Do, #Trust, #Be bold, #Commit, #Enjoy). We also appreciate and value:
- Problem solving mindset
- Scientific curiosity and ability to get out of her/his skill comfort zone (each cell therapy project is different!)
- Quick learning abilities
- Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication with customers and public audiences
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Cultural agility to adjust to various world regions
Company location is: 30 avenue Gustave Eiffel – 33600 PESSAC – FRANCE
Full-time job – French CDI
Salary package will be adjusted to the profile.
French Social advantages: Health insurance offer – Tickets restaurants
Thank you for applying at: HR@treefrog.fr, with the reference: 2020 – 09 – ANALYTICAL DEV